“Clutter” is always such a hot topic, especially at the beginning of every New Year! It is the headline of countless magazines, a favorite segment on talk shows and the subject of many home organizing experts. UCLA’S Center on Everyday Lives and Families even studied the impact of Clutter! Their experts did an extensive study and determined that Clutter has a profound affect on our mood and self-esteem. They went on to explain that they found a definite “link between cortisol (stress hormone) levels, primarily in women, and a high density of household objects”.
I totally agree that Clutter is an important issue to explore. However, the reason I want to explore Clutter this month, is because no one understands how Valuable Clutter is and what our “Clutter” can actually tell us about our own inner lives and the lives of our family! Clutter is simply an area of our home that has become very “Congested” or overwhelmed over a period of time. That “location” of our Clutter is a strong indicator of where we, ourselves, might be feeling unhappy, stuck or constricted in our lives. This insight into “Where” our Clutter is and how it directly relates to our personal truth, can become the Motivational Key to changing it and finding the Energy to clean it out!
So, for the month of January 2015, 2x a week, we are going to focus on “Loving” our Clutter and gaining insight into how we can Create positive Change, in our inner and outer lives, by releasing it! We will:
- Understand the 8 corners of our home we may have Clutter and How it affects us
- Love and bless the fact that we have such a clear indicator of where we need Support!
- Develop the Motivation, through our new insight, to actually Change it
- Create a stress-free Strategy to Release the Clutter and Clean It Out
- Let’s start with the Clutter in Northeast Corner/Location of our homes and apartments and How It Impacts Us in that Location:
Major Clutter in the Northeast Corner/Location Issues:
1. Higher potential for Knee Problems
2. Can create a higher potential for Frustration and behavioral issues for young males in house.
3. Can affect Finances and make Money feel “Stuck”
4. Higher potential for Hand and Finger issues especially if the Garage is packed to the gills!
Great Reasons to Clean Out that Northeast Clutter:
5. Absolutely will improve your Knee Health and strength if you are a Runner!
6. Will have a calming and Balancing Affect on any Male children in house
7. Will improve financial opportunities especially if working out of the home!
8. Can decrease potential for Finger and Hand injuries.
All of the reasons for maintaining a healthy and Open Northeast Location in our Homes are great for adults and children! Especially kids who play a lot of Sports and Parents who love to Jog and Run.
Please remember you do not have to clean it all out at once. Don’t make the process too stressful. It is here so you can begin to prioritize. If you want to improve any of the points I have listed-then your Early Spring Clean Up can start in the Northeast first. Good luck and Good Energy!
Next time we will explore the impact of Clutter in the East Area of your Home and Apartment.