“Clutter” is always such a hot topic, especially at the beginning of every New Year! It is the headline of countless magazines, a favorite segment on talk shows and the subject of many home organizing experts. UCLA’S Center on Everyday Lives and Families even studied the impact of Clutter! Their experts did an extensive study and determined that Clutter has a profound affect on our mood and self-esteem. They went on to explain that they found a definite “link between cortisol (stress hormone) levels, primarily in women, and a high density of household objects”.
I totally agree that Clutter is an important issue to explore. However, the reason I want to explore Clutter this month, is because no one understands how Valuable Clutter is and what our “Clutter” can actually tell us about our own inner lives and the lives of our family! Clutter is simply an area of our home that has become very “Congested” or overwhelmed over a period of time. That “location” of our Clutter is a strong indicator of where we, ourselves, might be feeling unhappy, stuck or constricted in our lives. This insight into “Where” our Clutter is and how it directly relates to our personal truth, can become the Motivational Key to changing it and finding the Energy to clean it out!
So, for the month of January 2015, 2x a week, we are going to focus on “Loving” our Clutter and gaining insight into how we can Create positive Change, in our inner and outer lives, by releasing it! We will:
- Understand the 8 corners of our home we may have Clutter and How it affects us
- Love and bless the fact that we have such a clear indicator of where we need Support!
- Develop the Motivation, through our new insight, to actually Change it
- Create a stress-free Strategy to Release the Clutter and Clean It Out
- Let’s start with the Clutter in North Corner/Location of our homes and apartments and How It Impacts Us in that Location:
Clutter In The North:Issues
1. Will seriously deplete your Creativity!
2. Can lower your interest in Sex and impact your Finances $$!
(Tell your husband that! That garage will be clean! Trust Me!)
3. Can create higher potential for ear infections in children.
4.Definitely contribute to emotional instability and depression.
Reasons To Clear out and Clean up the North Clutter:
5. You want to write your Blog, start painting or finish that Book!
6. You want to jump-start your Sex life, feel beautiful and make more Money!
7. Reduce family ear problems, improve hearing and maintain a healthy lymphatic system.
8. Get your Mojo back! Feel more Emotionally stable, be able to handle your daily stress and not feel like you are going crazy sometimes.
Understand it took time to accumulate all this stuff. Please be gentle with yourself. Breathe deeply and Know you are about to Change your Life for the better. Remember, the Reward of a more Open North location of your home, is higher Creativity, better Sex, more money opportunities and a better quality of Emotional Life!
So, Love Your Clutter and have the courage to find out Where your Clutter is impacting your Life! We will explore the Northeast Corner next post! Good Luck and Good Energy!