“Clutter” is always such a hot topic, especially at the beginning of every New Year! It is the headline of countless magazines, a favorite segment on talk shows and the subject of many home organizing experts. UCLA’S Center on Everyday Lives and Families even studied the impact of Clutter! Their experts did an extensive study and determined that Clutter has a profound affect on our mood and self-esteem. They went on to explain that they found a definite “link between cortisol (stress hormone) levels, primarily in women, and a high density of household objects”.
I totally agree that Clutter is an important issue to explore. However, the reason I want to explore Clutter this month, is because no one understands how Valuable Clutter is and what our “Clutter” can actually tell us about our own inner lives and the lives of our family! Clutter is simply an area of our home that has become very “Congested” or overwhelmed over a period of time. That “location” of our Clutter is a strong indicator of where we, ourselves, might be feeling unhappy, stuck or constricted in our lives. This insight into “Where” our Clutter is and how it directly relates to our personal truth, can become the Motivational Key to changing it and finding the Energy to clean it out!
So, for the month of January 2015, 2x a week, we are going to focus on “Loving” our Clutter and gaining insight into how we can Create positive Change, in our inner and outer lives, by releasing it! We will:
- Understand the 8 corners of our home we may have Clutter and How it affects us
- Love and bless the fact that we have such a clear indicator of where we need Support!
- Develop the Motivation, through our new insight, to actually Change it
- Create a stress-free Strategy to Release the Clutter and Clean It Out
- Let’s continue with the Clutter in Southeast Corner/Location of our homes and apartments and How It Impacts Us in that Location:
Major Clutter in the Southeast Issues:
1.Very stressful for Marriage and Relationships!
2. Higher potential for Lower Back Problems.
3. Higher potential for congestion in Breasts.
4. Higher potential for poor communication -even with clients!
Motivation for Cleaning it up and Cleaning it Out:
5. You want to really improve your Marriage and Relationship.
6. You are having lower back problems and discomfort.
7. You have had Breast issues or simply want to avoid them!
8. You want to Communicate with everyone in a more Open and Relaxed way!
Every corner of our home and apartment is important to specific aspects of our lives and the lives of our families. However, I am partial to the Southeast because our Relationships, our Marriages and Partnerships, keep the family unit together. If the Mom and Dad, or Mom and Mom or Dad and Dad are not strong -it is hard on everyone-especially our kids.
I have had many cases where the Garage was in the Southeast corner of a home and there was a higher incident of breast milk duct problems, etc.. In these cases the Garage was really filled with major paint, clutter, totally congested and the Energy was packed and not well taken care of.
I always say, “The House Is You” TM because I truly believe that our Homes reflect so much of what we, ourselves, are experiencing. In Traditional, authentic, Feng Shui we understand that whatever happens to the house has a higher potential to happen to us.
So if you are experiencing problems in your Marriage, or your relationships are not great, or even if the quality of how your family Communicates- needs improvement-check that Southeast Corner! Our homes love us and want to do everything to support and nurture us. But, they need our help in that process!
Good Energy and Good Luck! Remember, you are doing a great job. Every little bit helps!
Next post- the South!
Love and light,