“Clutter” is always such a hot topic, especially at the beginning of every New Year! It is the headline of countless magazines, a favorite segment on talk shows and the subject of many home organizing experts. UCLA’S Center on Everyday Lives and Families even studied the impact of Clutter! Their experts did an extensive study and determined that Clutter has a profound affect on our mood and self-esteem. They went on to explain that they found a definite “link between cortisol (stress hormone) levels, primarily in women, and a high density of household objects”.
I totally agree that Clutter is an important issue to explore. However, the reason I want to explore Clutter this month, is because no one understands how Valuable Clutter is and what our “Clutter” can actually tell us about our own inner lives and the lives of our family! Clutter is simply an area of our home that has become very “Congested” or overwhelmed over a period of time. That “location” of our Clutter is a strong indicator of where we, ourselves, might be feeling unhappy, stuck or constricted in our lives. This insight into “Where” our Clutter is and how it directly relates to our personal truth, can become the Motivational Key to changing it and finding the Energy to clean it
So, for the month of January 2015, 2x a week, we are going to focus on “Loving” our Clutter and gaining insight into how we can Create positive Change, in our inner and outer lives, by releasing it! We will:
- Understand the 8 corners of our home we may have Clutter and How it affects us
- Love and bless the fact that we have such a clear indicator of where we need Support!
- Develop the Motivation, through our new insight, to actually Change it
- Create a stress-free Strategy to Release the Clutter and Clean It Out
- Let’s start with the Clutter in East Corner/Location of our homes and apartments and How It Impacts Us in that Location:
Major Clutter in the East Issue
1. Higher potential for arguments and disagreements.
2. Higher potential for Foot and ankle problems.
3. Can promote hair and baldness issues -especially in the Attic.
4. Oldest male child can be affected negatively.
Reasons to Clean out the Clutter and Open Up the East area:
5. Less arguments and disagreements with your spouse and family.
6. Healthier Feet and Ankles
7. Healthier Hair and healthier hair follicles -thus less Hair Loss
8. Oldest Son of the family feels more balanced and less stressed.
Every corner of our home relates to us. That is why I always say “The House is You”. If you are having a higher incident of petty arguments and disagreements and your oldest boy is feeling overwhelmed at school or in his life-clean out that East Corner.
Spring is the time when any issues in our East locations could arise. Particularly in March and April. So start a little bit at a time and before you know it everyone in your house and apartment will feel better.
Next post we will discuss the all important Southeast location and Clutter! So much to tell us about the truth and health of our marriage and relationships! Good luck and Good energy!