There are lots of ways to use energy relative to the 8 directions. As a Traditional Feng Shui consultant I will use many technical and complex feng shui formulas to change the energy in a space. However, you can strengthen any corner of your home or apartment by using the same color energy as that location. Just point your smart phone and use your compass.
Here are the 8 locations inside your home and apartment and some of their corresponding colors and attributes:
- North is Water : blue, black = emotions/career
- Northwest is Metal : metallic, white = head/authority
- West is Metal : metallic, white =teeth/joy
- Southwest is Earth : brown, tan, cream =digestive/patience
- South is Fire : red, pink, purple = eyes/happiness
- Southeast is Wood : green = lower back/relationships
- East is Wood : green = feet/liver
- Northeast is Earth : brown, tan, cream = hands/intestines
and we are back to North again.
Don’t forget the ceilings! Sometimes a ceiling can be beautiful with a fabulous wallpaper!
Not all of us have a huge hallway like the one in the photo above but we all have closets and pantries and stairwells, etc…
Even an attic room can become something cozy and pretty!
When relating to our environments with Traditional Feng Shui we get this incredible chance to actually improve not only the look of any space-but also the wellness quotient of any space!
As I have said for so many years , “Where you are, Determines How you are”. I am so happy that so many of you are interested in where you are and then making the choice to choose your decor with Traditional Feng Shui in mind!
As always, thank you for reading and sharing!
With so much love and light!