Happy New Year of the Yin Earth Pig and welcome to 2019 in the Chinese Solar calendar. In Traditional Feng Shui we recognize Monday, February 4, 2019 at 1:01 AM PST, 2:01 AM MST and 4:01 AM EST as the official change into the New Year of the Pig. Therefore, Monday 2/4/19 all day is the first day of the New Solar (Sun) year. Lunar (Moon) New Year begins officially Feb 5th, 2019. No worries. In Traditional Feng Shui we use the Solar and Lunar calendars. Either way-the Year of the Pig is here and there are lots of basic things you need to know to tap into the benefits and avoid the pitfalls.
In the spirit of the New Year of the Pig instead of general points regarding the 12 Chinese animals for 2019 I wanted to give you some valuable Energy Wellness Tips that will help you enhance your luck and and help you be safer in 2019. I also wanted to support you in relating to your environment relative to the energy movement in Nature-and to remind you that the energies are constantly moving and changing. Just like the seasons change, so do our natural energies as they relate to our environments and ultimately our health, happiness, money and overall well being. All of these energies surround each of our homes and businesses 360 degrees. They affect all of us- the more time we spend in any given place the more that specific energy will be absorbed by our bodies. The building is the macrocosm and our bodies are the microcosm. We are never separate from our environments. That is why it is so important to become an active participant in your own health and happiness as it relates to where you live, sleep and work.
Although a comprehensive Traditional Feng Shui evaluation is recommended, there are still some general points I would like to give you regarding this New Year of the Pig 2019. Here is a little refresher for your 5 Element Energy notes:)
By understanding which of the 8 Directions we need to avoid disturbing in 2019- we increase our good luck quotient and avoid some of the the bad luck quotient:)
- The SOUTHWEST location inside and outside your house this year will have a sensitive and potentially negative health energy for 2019. We want to be very careful not to dig up this area or do construction here or even have a moving water feature to activate this area of home or yard.
- This is a rather nasty energy and I recommend putting a medium size bowl of Sea Salt inside your house in the Southwest corner for 2019. Sea Salt is a METAL energy and will help to reduce, or weaken, this strong, nasty EARTH element energy for this year. Many FS websites will tell you to use a wind chime here. WRONG. I do not agree with an activating, irritating METAL energy here. Too strong and abrasive . Just use Sea Salt as it is perfectly good and a much less aggravating METAL element in the SW for 2019. Keep it fresh-change 1x a month.
- Southwest relates to Mothers, our skin, muscles tissue, our patience and even our food. Be vigilant around super clean food preparation in 2019 as there is a higher potential for food and stomach issues this year.
- If your kitchen is in the Southwest corner of your home or apartment, ordinarily I am sure your food is especially yummy and delicious. However, be careful this year around your stove and keep some extra Sea Salt near your stove as the Fire energy of the stove can make this negative Earth energy stronger for 2019.
- You can also add 6 coins, any denomination, in that bowl with Sea Salt as the Metal element of the number 6 and the Metal of the coins will help weaken the negative influence of the nasty dry earth energy in SW for 2019.
- No digging
- NO moving water feature/fountain
- No renovation
- Watch stomach issues 2/4-3/5 especially-don’t take chances with strange food, old Chinese food take-out rice in your refrigerator or street food-higher potential for food poisoning this year.
- If your Front Door is Facing SW Directly -and therefore receiving direct Southwest energy into your home or business-you can write me here and we can discuss your specific case.
NORTHWEST and WEST are 2 other hot spots for 2019. When we talk about the Year of the “Animal” what we are really pinpointing is the energy of that year as it relates to a specific LOCATION.
- So in 2019, in the Year of the PIG, we are referring to the last 15 degrees of Northwest, or NW3 which is the home/location of the PIG. As it also happens we have a hot spot at NW1 (DOG) as well. So for optimum wellness and luck in 2019-be very respectful of the whole NORTHWEST corner of your home and yard. No construction, renovation or digging in this Northwest sector.
- **We never want a Water feature in the Northwest or even West for that matter. However, in Western, or Black Hat Feng Shui where people use a “Bagua Map” and talk about your “money corner”they will tell you to put water anywhere. WRONG. Water is very powerful and must be utilized specifically and carefully.
- There are still lots of advanced water formulas and spots that will work and help -but they must only be placed by be placed by skilled FS professionals.
- If you have a water feature currently running in SW , NW or W I strongly recommend shutting it off.
Northwest & West Summary:
- No digging, renovation or construction
- No water feature
- Northwest has some good energy for business in 2019-if your office is there-you could make some good money in 2019.$$
Everything moves in cycles-nothing is static in the universe and all energy is in constant motion.Energies move every year-and with them comes good and bad energies for that 12 month period. Therefore, KNOW YOUR DIRECTIONS. Use your I Phone compass and point it at any corner of your home or apartment. Read what Direction that is and understand WHERE YOU ARE relative to your space. Traditional Feng Shui is the original and authentic practice of this mathematical and brilliant knowledge. Without Direction there can be no Feng Shui. The Chinese created the compass and developed this mathematical system for Feng Shui. Direction is a Wellness Language and each year certain Directions have more and less Wellness and luck than others.
- NORTHEAST is the place for wind chimes in 2019.
- The Metal energy vibration of the 6 metal rung chimes will help avoid stomach and digestion problems in 2019 as the 2 illness star is in the Northeast this year.
- Make sure the wind chime has 6 metal rungs which is a strong and Big Metal energy.
- Knees and fingers could be adversely affected in 2019 so the wind chimes in NE will help with that.
- Also, please understand wind chimes are for OUTSIDE not really INSIDE the house. You need “Wind” to make them function and for them to be effective they have to be a nice size. Little ones that ring from a battery or from your fingers are not really strong enough to do their job. Woodstock chimes are great. You can find them at www.chimes.com They are big Metal, very beautiful and the tone is very healing and musically specific. Remember 6 rungs are required as the number 6 is a Metal energy number:)
- Southeast relates to our relationships, marriage and communication.
- It also relates to our breasts, lower back and viruses.
- The energy in the Southeast in 2019 could create a higher potential for relationship issues. Make sure the SE corner of your home, apt and yard are not broken, too cluttered or congested and not a lot of Red.
- If you have a driveway there that needs work-please wait until after Feb 4th 2020 to do any major repairs.
- That goes for any major construction or renovati0on as well in the SE quadrant
- Water in a nice clear glass vase with some flowers will help the SE inside your home and apt. Just keep the water clean and fresh.
- No fountains in SE in 2019.
These important tips are not to be taken as negatives. Every year the energies shift into different locations, or directions. We just want to AVOID activating bad energies when possible. A trained professional Traditional Feng Shui consultant understands how to use Advanced Strategic Date Selection to sometimes work around these energies in a given year. However, for the lay person I strongly recommend you just avoid digging and disturbing the locations that should be quiet in 2019. This will help you stay healthier and happier throughout the coming New Year.
I hope you have enjoyed a glimpse into the invisible energies of the New Year of the Pig 2019! Remember we are like fish swimming in the ocean…as the fish are not aware they are surrounded by water…so we too forget we are surrounded by atoms and molecules and gravity =ENERGY. We cannot see it but Energy is all around us. Get to know your home this year. Know where your Front Door is and where you sleep. By becoming more aware of where we are; we can make more conscious choices and deliberately and pro-actively improve how we are!
Happy blessed joy-filled New Year! Thank you for reading and I love your questions and comments!
All my love,