Happy New Year of the Yin Metal Ox and welcome to 2021 in the Chinese Solar calendar. In Traditional Feng Shui we recognize Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM PST, 2:42 PM MST and 3:42 PM EST as the official change into the New Year of the Ox. Therefore, Tuesday, 2/2/21 after 4 PM is the first day of the New Solar (Sun) year. Lunar (Moon) New Year begins officially February 12, 2021. No worries. In Traditional Feng Shui we use the Solar and Lunar calendars. Either way-the Year of the Ox is here and there are lots of basic things you need to know to tap into the benefits and avoid some of the pitfalls.
Traditional Feng Shui is all about energy movement in Nature.
I want to support you in relating to your environment relative to the energy movement in Nature. I want to remind you that energy is constantly moving and changing. Just like the seasons change, so do our natural energies as they relate to our environments and ultimately our health, happiness, money and overall well being. All of these energies surround each of our homes and businesses 360 degrees. They affect all of us- the more time we spend in any given place the more that specific energy will be absorbed by our bodies. The building is the macrocosm and our bodies are the microcosm. We are never separate from our environments. That is why it is so important to become an active participant in your own health and happiness as it relates to where you live, sleep and work.
A comprehensive Traditional Feng Shui “Audit” is always preferred and the mathematics contained in the Compass and system of the 8 Directions is essential to that process.
Every home has its own specific outside Landform that will dictate how we address your customized Feng Shui evaluation. The landform outside your homes surrounds you 360 degrees and 24 hours a day. Every home and business is unique as it relates to that outside landform which includes apartments in cities. The surrounding buildings in a city impact the energy coming into your apartment as well. This is why there is never a “cookie-cutter” approach to anything in Traditional Feng Shui. You and your home are totally individual and inextricably connected to everything outside your home and your business. New Age Feng Shui focuses primarily on interiors-but that is just the tip of the iceberg to a well-trained Traditional Feng Shui consultant. Remember, without the brilliant mathematical system and formulas contained inside our Compass and Directions there can be no true Feng Shui.
It is impossible to remediate any problem without knowing exactly where that problem is and what type of energy it has as our first layer of evaluation.
So what is happening in the upcoming 2021 Year of the Yin metal Ox? Where do we need to be careful to avoid the negative energies for 2021 and where are they located?
- The SOUTHEAST location inside and outside your house this year will have a sensitive and potentially negative health energy for 2021. We want to be very careful not to dig up this area or do construction here or even have a moving water feature to activate this area of home or yard.
- This is a rather nasty energy and I recommend putting a medium size bowl of Sea Salt inside your house in the Southeast corner for 2021. Sea Salt is a Metal energy and will help to reduce, or weaken, this strong, nasty Earth element energy for this year. Many FS websites will tell you to use a wind chime here. WRONG. I do not agree with an activating, irritating Metal energy here. Too strong and abrasive . Just use Sea Salt as it is perfectly good and a much less aggravating Metal element in the SE for 2021. Keep it fresh-change 1x a month. Baking soda in a bowl can work also as it is sodium bicarbonate.
- Southeast relates to the oldest woman in any home, marriage, relationships, communication, lower back, breasts and viruses. This Southeast remedy will be helpful to weaken any negative impact on all the Southeast attributes.
- If your kitchen is in the Southeast corner of your home or apartment, be sure to utilize the sea salt as the real Fire of a stove or fireplace would make this nasty energy stronger.
- You can also add 6 coins, any denomination, in that bowl with Sea Salt as the Metal element of the number 6 and the Metal of the coins will help weaken the negative influence of the nasty dry earth energy in SE for 2021.
So Southeast summary:
- No digging
- No moving water feature/fountain
- No renovation
- If your Front Door is Facing SE Directly -and therefore receiving direct Southeast energy into your home or business-use another door this year. Or, you can write me here and we can discuss your specific case.
- 2021 is the Year of the OX
- The first 15 degrees of Northeast, or NE1, is the Location of the Ox.
- We have another hot spot at NE3 (Tiger) as well. So for optimum wellness and luck in 2021-be very respectful of the whole Northeast corner of your home and yard. No construction, renovation or digging in this Northeast sector.
- If you have a water feature currently running in SE , E or NE I strongly recommend shutting it off.
- There are still lots of advanced water formulas and spots that will work and help -but they must only be calculated and placed by a trained Traditional FS professional. Moving water is a powerful activator of energy-you want to make sure that it is correctly placed and Specific mathematical Date Selection is used to turn it on. Therefore, after reading this article you want to make sure you are not putting any water fountains in any of these locations for 2021!
- East 2, or due East , has a very sensitive energy for 2021. It is called “the 3 Killings” , or San Sha in Traditional Feng Shui. This is not an energy you want to dig up in 2021 for sure. Leave the East corner of your yard quiet and undisturbed for this upcoming year and your health and happiness luck will be protected. It is also not a good idea to renovate in the East location inside your home for 2021.
Northeast & East Summary:
- No digging, renovation or construction
- No water features
Everything moves in cycles-nothing is static in the universe and all energy is in constant motion. Energies move every year-and with them comes good and bad energies for that 12 month period. Therefore, KNOW YOUR DIRECTIONS. Use your I Phone compass and point it at any corner of your home or apartment. Read what Direction that is and understand WHERE YOU ARE relative to your space. Traditional Feng Shui is the original and authentic practice of this mathematical and brilliant knowledge. Without Direction there can be no Feng Shui. The Chinese created the compass and developed this mathematical system for Feng Shui.
- NORTH is the place for wind chimes in 2021.
- The Metal energy vibration of the 6 metal rung chimes will help support the North in 2021.
- This is important as the North relates to our emotions, blood, ears/hearing, kidneys, prostate and bladder.
- Make sure the wind chime has 6 metal rungs which is a strong and Big Metal energy.
- Also, please understand wind chimes are for OUTSIDE not really INSIDE the house. You need “Wind” to make them function and for them to be effective they have to be a nice size. Little ones that ring from a battery or from your fingers are not really strong enough to do their job. Woodstock chimes are great. You can find them at www.chimes.com They are big Metal, very beautiful and the tone is very healing and musically specific. Remember 6 rungs are required as the number 6 is a Metal energy number:)
Every year the energies shift into different locations, or directions inside and outside your home and business. We just want to avoid activating bad energies when possible and by becoming more aware of these cycles in nature we become more in tune with our own environment.
I hope you have enjoyed a glimpse into the invisible energies of the New Year of the Ox 2021! Remember we are like fish swimming in the ocean…as the fish are not aware they are surrounded by water…so we too forget we are surrounded by atoms and molecules and gravity =ENERGY. We cannot see it but Energy is all around us. Get to know your home this year. Know where your Front Door is and where you sleep. By becoming more aware of where you are; you can make more conscious choices and deliberately and pro-actively improve how you are!
Happy blessed joy-filled New Year of the Yin Metal Ox! Thank you for reading and I love your questions and comments!
All my love,